Tuesday, August 2, 2011
What a year! We continue to be amazed and humbled by what all God has done.
To catch you up medically, here is a recap of the latest updates ...
- Her kidneys are still healing, and as a result, her blood pressure is still elevated. She takes medication to control it and the doctor thinks this is a short-term (maybe another year) issue that will resolve as her kidneys grow.
- She has been discharged from the neurologist since six months. Her last EEG showed her brain function to be completely normal
- The developmental doctor and staff see her regularly. We had a new therapist at her last appointment who asked us if she had read the correct medical history. We were going to be discharged, but they want to see her walk and talk, so we go back next month!
Some things PK loves to do ...
- Say Bubba (Luke), Lar-La (Larry), daw-daw (dog dog), Mama, Dada ... she is going to be a talker. Wonder where she gets that?
- Eat anything carb related ... crackers, waffles, pancakes, cheerios, you name it.
- Climb anything! We cannot take our eyes off her for long.
- Make us laugh. She laughs, smiles, growls, dances, claps.
Thank you is inadequate. We are blessed beyond measure. Happy Birthday, precious miracle baby!
Sunday, February 6, 2011
We cannot believe it's been six months. We are still humbled every day. PK has been struggling this week with her first "typical" sickness - a bad cold and an ear infection. Last night James and I said how much harder even the little sicknesses are for children and parents who are still hooked up to machines at home. We reflected on the fact that we were very much prepared for her to need dialysis at home and how much more that would add to any sickness.
PK started blood pressure medication to combat her high blood pressure level, a side effect of kidney damage and the fact that her kidneys are still healing. We are praying that this is short term and her blood pressure issues resolve soon.
Thanks for checking in on us. Much love, The Larys