Tuesday, August 2, 2011
What a year! We continue to be amazed and humbled by what all God has done.
To catch you up medically, here is a recap of the latest updates ...
- Her kidneys are still healing, and as a result, her blood pressure is still elevated. She takes medication to control it and the doctor thinks this is a short-term (maybe another year) issue that will resolve as her kidneys grow.
- She has been discharged from the neurologist since six months. Her last EEG showed her brain function to be completely normal
- The developmental doctor and staff see her regularly. We had a new therapist at her last appointment who asked us if she had read the correct medical history. We were going to be discharged, but they want to see her walk and talk, so we go back next month!
Some things PK loves to do ...
- Say Bubba (Luke), Lar-La (Larry), daw-daw (dog dog), Mama, Dada ... she is going to be a talker. Wonder where she gets that?
- Eat anything carb related ... crackers, waffles, pancakes, cheerios, you name it.
- Climb anything! We cannot take our eyes off her for long.
- Make us laugh. She laughs, smiles, growls, dances, claps.
Thank you is inadequate. We are blessed beyond measure. Happy Birthday, precious miracle baby!