Friday, September 3, 2010

Porter's Prayer Chain

Some of you know that we've been walking this road with our dear friends Michael and Amber Volbeda. Their son was born 8 weeks early on the same day we had PK. They have been an immense source of strength and encouragement - sort of a NICU group therapy if you will ;-)

The Volbedas came up with this great idea to track just how far reaching our prayer warrior list is for Porter. They created the email address (and the hilarious email below) and want people to email their location to the email address.

The final product of what to do with these emails is still being formulated, but it will be some sort of map showing how far and wide people have been praying for Porter. Also, we will happily share your emails with PK at some point in her life so she can know how many people prayed for her at the beginning of her life. What an incredible testimony she will have.

Please forward this email on to anyone you have shared our story with or you know who has prayed for Porter and continues to pray for her.

James and Sarah

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Porter kate Lary
To: James Lary ; Sarah Lary
Sent: Tue, August 31, 2010 11:23:34 AM
Subject: hi!

Hi Mom and Dad,

Greetings from the NICU. Did you know they have wi-fi in here? I get great reception even from my bed. And this email thing is so cool. It's my first time trying it. I already type like 40 words per minute. The nurses are saying I'm like a child prodigy or something. I don't know what that means because I don't talk yet but after I write this, I'm going to google it and find out.

Can you ask all my friends who are praying for me to send me an email with their location so I can keep track of them all? Yahoo Mail has unlimited storage which is good because I think I'm about to get a TON of messages in my inbox. Thanks for your help!

You are doing such a great job taking care of me. I love you.

See you at my next feeding...

Love,
PK
porterkatelary@yahoo.com

P.S. When do I get to meet Larry the dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment