Thankfully, I have little to report, so this will be a short one.
Porter's kidneys are still improving and she is now down to only one medication
for her kidneys. It is amazing to witness God at work hour by hour. She took
so well to the 5ml of mother's milk over the past 24 hours that they have
increased her dose to 10ml. Sarah got to change her diaper and take her
temperature for the first time last night. Still no seizure activity. Big Big
Praises!!! The doctors have not given us any timelines so we are planning for a
stay in the "weeks".
One new development, due to her kidneys not working right over the past week,
she has retained a whole bunch of fluid. Because of this, she has developed
slight breathing difficulty on her left side so they have her laying on her
right side to try and take some of the water weight off of her chest. We are
praying that as her kidneys keep flushing out the fluids this will fix itself.
The big news is that we are planning on getting to hold Porter for the first
time today. Porter has tubes going in and out of her umbilical cord to put
medicine and IVs in and extract blood out. They are going to take one of the
lines out and we will be able to hold her.
1. Pray that her kidneys continue to improve and her urine output continues to
2. Pray that the seizures we saw were an isolated incident and do not
3. Pray that as her kidneys flush the built up fluid, this breathing issue
4. Pray that her blood levels - and all levels - improve and return to normal.
5. Pray that Porter has the strength and determination only God can give to
Thank you all for your continued prayers,